Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Blogging for Passion on Heavy Metal Music and its Subgenres: The first blog post


First and foremost let me great you a warm WELCOME to my blog, the Filipino Metal Sanctuary. I’m John, a pure blood Filipino, currently living in Cebu City but born and grew up in the City of Golden Friendship - Cagayan de Oro City. For more info about me, you may contact me through this number 09123456789, just kidding!!


Anyway, let's go back to the main topic.

For months I’ve been thinking of what topic should I blog about. Most of successful bloggers are saying that if there is one topic or a subject that you can’t stop on talking about it, and you become too annoying to your friends because you’re like a pirated CD or “sirang plaka” that keeps on repeating, repeating, repeating the same topic every day, then that’s a good topic to blog.

In my case I did not find that topic easily. It took me six months to finally realize where my passion really is. Just this month, I noticed that I spent almost the whole week just surfing the net about Metal bands, reviews, releases, international and Philippines Metal Music scene, and any other stuff concerning Metal. I really enjoy doing it more than any other online games.

Then I begun to look back at my life and ask these questions, who I was? What am I doing for the past 25 years? And I found out that since I was 7 years old I already have this deep interest with Metal Music. At the very young age I was exposed to this kind of music and I embrace, love, live and grew up with metal.  

Every time I hear Sad But True being played, I get excited! When I hear people talking about Metal bands, I get excited! And when I see people dress up like Ronnie James Dio, I get excited and want to dress up like them too. You know the feeling of hunger, urge, crave, and burning desire? That’s exactly what I feel with metal and definitely I will live and die being a metalhead \m/.

No doubt, this is where my heart resides and this is where my PASSION is.  Suddenly, it came to my mind like a light bulb and I ask myself, what if I blog anything about Metal since I can’t stop thinking about it? And so this blog was created. Anything under the sun of metal, we will tackle them here. 

Finally, I found my PASSION! How about you? 

You can leave a comment below and tell me how passionate you are with METAL \m/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

body { font-family: Verdana, Georgia, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.5em; letter-spacing: 0px; margin: 10 0 0 0; padding: 0; }